Barcelona, September 03, 2019 – FRACTUS ANTENNAS and National Instruments AWR (Microwave Office) have organized 2 workshops to show how designing a multiband antenna system for IoT is now as simple as designing the matching network during the European Microwave Week Paris. By using Virtual Antenna™ chip antenna boosters any attendee will understand how fast, cheap and easy is to create a wireless system from scratch.
There are 2 different workshop types depending on the attendee requirements:
1. Half-Day Workshop: Antenna booster technology for IoT applications. By joining this workshop the attendee will have a hands-on experience and they will be able to design two examples from scratch using the Virtual Antenna™ technology on-site and a unique and personal Microwave Office license.
2. Microapps Workshop: Design of Antenna Matching-Circuit for IoT Devices. Fast Introduction to Virtual Antenna™ and how to embed an internal antenna into IoT devices.
Both Workshops will be led by Dr. Jaume Anguera, and they will show participants to use the new National Instruments AWR Network Synthesis Wizard tool.
Antenna Booster technology for IoT applications
Hands-on workshop. Get your IoT design with internal antenna ready.
- Date: Tuesday, 2 Oct
- Location: Room 741A
- Time: 8:30 – 12:30
- Registration: add it to your registration online
Design of Antenna Matching-Circuit for IoT Devices
Fast introduction, learn how to embed internal antennas to IoT devices.
- Date: Tuesday, 2 Oct
- Location: MicroApps Theatre
- Time: 15:00 – 16:00
- Registration: everyone with exhibition badge
About Fractus Antennas
Barcelona-based Fractus Antennas SL designs, manufactures and commercializes miniature, off-the-shelf antennas for IoT, mobile connectivity, and short-range wireless devices. Founded as an independent antenna product business in 2015, Fractus Antennas was born out of the main Fractus operation and combines a respected R&D team with proven manufacturing capabilities and scale to bring to market a new generation of antenna products to meet the mobile and wireless connectivity needs of OEMs.
About NI AWR Software
The NI AWR Design Environment software platform includes RF/microwave electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Visual System Simulator™ system design software, Microwave Office/Analog Office microwave/RF circuit design software and AXIEM and Analyst™ EM analysis software. The NI AWR software product portfolio also includes AntSyn™ antenna design and synthesis software and AWR Connected™ third-party solutions. Collectively, these products empower design engineers to dramatically reduce development time and cost for components, circuits, systems and subsystems employed in wireless, high-speed wired, broadband, aerospace and defense and electro-optical applications. More information is available at ni.com/awr.